Tulane Home Tulane Home

Student Workers

Did your injury occur while you were working? If yes, then proceed. 


Report the injury to your Supervisor immediately.


Request that your Supervisor fill out both pages of the First Report of Occupational Injury/ Illness found here.


Email completed report to workcomp@tulane.edu or fax to 504-865-6796 within 24 hours of the injury.

NOTE: It is the responsibility of your Supervisor/Department to complete your First Report of Occupational Injury/Illness and return to Workers’ Compensation.  

Student Workers will be covered as an employee. (Refer to the Employee’s Responsibilities section for more detailed information.)  


In case of medical emergency, on-campus students should call Tulane Police; off-campus students should call 911.  Students who suffer an injury or become ill should report to the Student Health Center (SHC) for evaluation and treatment.  If the injury or illness is related to on-campus activities or an unsafe condition in a University building or on Tulane property that may require follow-up by OEHS, SHC personnel should have the student complete a Student Report of On-Campus Environmental Injury form which can be found on the OEHS website.