Tulane Home Tulane Home

Frequently Asked Questions

May I choose my own doctor?
You have the right to choose your own doctor in any field or specialty of medicine for medical treatment.

What if my medical care provider says I cannot perform all of the duties of my job?
It is the policy of Tulane University to make every attempt to temporarily provide modified duty assignments to employees who have sustained a work-related injury/illness which prevents them from performing the full range of duties within their job classification.

I received a packet in the mail from Broadspire; do I need to fill out the paperwork?
Yes, there is some pertinent information Broadspire needs in order to process your claim. 

How much will I receive while I am out of work?
The employee will receive indemnity benefits in the amount of sixty-six and two-thirds percent (66-2/3)of the employee’s average weekly wage, subject to a mandated benefit amount set by the Office of Workers’ Compensation Administration. 

I don’t think it is fair that I receive only 66 ⅔% of my pay after I have had a work related injury.
This determination is governed by Louisiana’s Office of Workers’ Compensation.

I continue to receive medical bills concerning my work-related injury, what should I do?
Send the bills to Workers’ Compensation immediately. If the medical facility is sending you the bills, then they are holding you responsible for the bills. 

I am feeling better; do I need to follow up with the doctor?
Yes, you should continue to treat with the doctor until discharged from care.

What happens with my insurance benefits through Tulane?
If you are currently enrolled in medical, dental, or vision benefits, you will receive information by regular mail on how to continue benefits from a company called WageWorks, the company that manages benefit payments for employees on workers' compensation at Tulane. If you have not received information on how to pay for your benefits from Wageworks after being out of work for more than 14 days, or if you have any questions regarding the payment options, contact WageWorks at 1-877-924-3967.